In Need of a Head-On Collisions Lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri?
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top Head-On Collision Attorney in St. Louis
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis auto accident attorney has the skills and knowledge to take on the full spectrum of head-on collision claims. With decades of collective experience and millions in financial compensation secured for our clients, injured victims can trust us for high-quality legal representation. Were you or your family member hurt in a head-on motor vehicle crash, we are here as a resource. Contact us at our St. Louis law office today for a free case evaluation.
Head-On Collisions are Uniquely Dangerous
Head-on crashes are relatively uncommon. They only make up around one in 50 multi-vehicle collisions reported in the United States. However, head-on collisions are responsible for a highly disproportionate share of catastrophic and deadly accidents. According to a comprehensive analysis from the Department of Transportation (DOT), nearly one in five fatal motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. are head-on collisions. Here are some notable reasons why these crashes are so dangerous:
- Combined Speed Impact: Unlike side-swipes or rear-end collisions, head-on crashes involve the combined force of two vehicles moving toward each other. The amplified force drastically increases the potential for severe injury or fatality.
- A Near-Instant Deceleration: The sudden stop experienced in a head-on crash subjects the human body to extreme deceleration forces, potentially leading to internal injuries.
- Risk of Compromised Safety Features: Cars are primarily designed to absorb impacts from the front and rear. However, in a head-on collision, the synchronized crumpling of both vehicles can overwhelm these safety features.
What to Do After a Head-On Crash in St. Louis
Involved in a head-on crash in St. Louis or elsewhere in the wider surrounding area in Missouri? A proactive approach is an absolute necessity. You need to protect your health, your well-being, and your right to recover compensation for your damages. Here are four key steps:
- Get Yourself to Safety and Call 911: Immediate medical for serious injuries as well as law enforcement support to control the scene is a must in a head-on collision.
- Document the Head-On Crash Scene: As Missouri is a fault-based accident state, the more evidence you have about the crash, the better positioned you will be to bring a claim.
- See a Doctor and Get Ongoing Care: Hidden injuries, like whiplash or concussions, can manifest later. You need to see a doctor to be eligible to bring a personal injury claim.
- Consult With a St. Louis Attorney Before an Insurer: An insurance adjuster (even if from your own insurer) is not on your side. Consult with an attorney before giving a statement.
Injured Victims Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation
Following a serious head-on accident, it is imperative that injured victims are able to secure the absolute maximum amount of financial support. As insurance companies are incentivized to resolve cases for as little as possible, professional legal representation is a must. At The Gogel Law Firm, we fight hard to help head-on accident victims secure the greatest possible financial recovery. You may be eligible to recover money damages for:
- Property losses (vehicle repairs);
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and healthcare-related costs;
- Lost wages and loss of earning ability;
- Pain and suffering;
- Ongoing disability or disfigurement; and
- The wrongful death of a family member.
How St. Louis Car Accident Attorney Jeremy A. Gogel Can Help With a Head-On Collision Claim
Head-on collision cases are notoriously complex. As a former insurance company defense lawyer, our founder Jeremy A. Gogel brings unique insight to the table. We invest time, resources, and personalized attention into every case we take on. When you reach out to our law office in St. Louis, you will have an opportunity to work with a Missouri car crash attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and answer questions about your legal rights;
- Investigate your head-on collision—gathering evidence to prove liability and fault;
- Handle legal/insurance paperwork and represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a comprehensive strategy focused on helping you maximize your recovery.
Contact Our Head-On Collision Lawyer in St. Louis Today
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis head-on collision attorneys go above and beyond to provide personalized guidance and support to victims and families. We are on your side every step of the way. Call us now or connect with us online to arrange your free, no-commitment consultation. With a law office in St. Louis, we handle head-on collision claims throughout the wider region of Missouri.