Skilled Cosmetic Surgery Injury Lawyers in St. Louis, Missouri
Cosmetic surgery can be performed on any part of the face and body with the goal of improving a person’s appearance, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
Unfortunately, the very surgery an individual has to improve a birth defect, injury scar, or perceived flaw can lead to injuries that require additional medical procedures or ongoing care that change their lives.
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury while undergoing cosmetic surgery in Missouri, we want to hear your story.
What are the Most Common Types of Cosmetic Surgeries That May Lead to Other Injuries?
Missouri residents undergo cosmetic surgeries for a myriad of reasons, including everything from amending the appearance of a child who suffered a dog bite or attack to removing extra skin from an individual who has undergone gastric bypass surgery, and lost a lot of weight as a result.
Other common cosmetic surgeries include, but are not limited to:
Cosmetic Surgeries to Repair Birth Defects
- Breast augmentation.
- Breast lift.
- Breast reduction.
Face and Neck Cosmetic Procedures
- Brow lift.
- Cheek lift.
- Double chin surgery.
Fat Reduction and Body Lifts
Gender Affirmation Procedures
- Facial feminization surgery.
- Facial masculinization surgery.
- Female-to-male top surgery.
- Feminizing genitoplasty.
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Bone grafting.
- Breast reconstruction.
- Facial reconstruction.
- Jaw reconstruction (orthognathic surgery).
- Limb salvage.
What are the Most Common Types of Cosmetic Surgery Injuries?
All surgeries, including cosmetic procedures, carry inherent risks, especially for those who may have pre-existing conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure. Your physician should fully explore your health and medical history before performing any type of surgery. In addition, you should be fully aware of what will happen during the procedure, including any risks, and the details regarding your recovery before the procedure occurs, which should be outlined in your informed consent agreement.
Even then, possible complications may occur during any cosmetic surgery procedure, including:
- Abnormal scarring due to skin breakdown.
- Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, and pulmonary embolisms.
- Complications related to anesthesia, including pneumonia, blood clots, or death.
- Fluid buildup under the skin.
- Infection at the incision site, which may worsen scarring and require additional surgery.
- Numbness and tingling from nerve damage, which may be permanent.
- Organ damage.
- Separation of the surgical wound, which sometimes requires additional procedures.
- Significant bleeding that requires a blood transfusion.
Contact Our Cosmetic Surgery Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri at The Gogel Law Firm.
If you or someone you love has undergone a cosmetic surgery procedure and have suffered significant medical problems as a result, contact our St. Louis medical malpractice attorney today to review your case by calling (314) 775-3864 or online to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the liable party for your full financial recovery needs.