In Need of a T-Bone Accidents Lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri
Set Up Your Free Consultation With a T-Bone Accident Attorney in St. Louis
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis auto accident attorney has experience handling T-bone accident claims. As a firm founded by a former insurance company defense lawyer, we have recovered millions in compensation for our clients. Were you involved in a serious T-bone crash? Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a St. Louis T-bone accident lawyer.
What is a T-Bone Car Crash?
A T-bone car crash happens when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle. It is so named because the vehicles in the collision form a “T” shape. You may also hear this type of crash called a broadside collision. These are dangerous accidents. Unfortunately, the consequences can be severe—especially for occupants on the side of the impacted vehicle. For example, imagine a car ran a red light in downtown St. Louis and slammed directly into the side of another vehicle. The occupants of the vehicle that sustained the side impact would be at an especially high risk.
The Most Common Causes of T-Bone Collisions in St. Louis
T-bone accidents are a significant safety hazard. According to data cited in an article published by Forbes Magazine, approximately one in five fatal multi-vehicle crashes reported in the United States are T-bone wrecks. Why do so many of these catastrophic crashes happen? Here is an overview of some of the most common causes of T-bone collisions in St. Louis:
- Ignoring Traffic Signals: One of the leading causes is drivers running red lights or stop signs, leading them to collide with vehicles crossing their path.
- Failure to Yield: Not yielding the right-of-way at intersections, especially when making left or right turns, frequently results in T-bone collisions.
- Distracted Driving: Use of mobile phones, adjusting in-car entertainment, or other distractions take the driver’s attention away from the road and its signals.
- Drunk or Drugged Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication affects judgment and reaction times.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds reduces reaction time, making it harder for a driver to stop or avoid a collision.
Missouri is a Fault-Based Car Accident State
Under Missouri law, motor vehicle accident liability is based on fault. Most T-bone crashes happen at intersections. The driver—or any other party—who is deemed legally responsible for a T-bone collision can be held liable for the resulting damages. For this reason, it is absolutely necessary that any T-bone crash in St. Louis is thoroughly investigated by an experienced attorney. Our St. Louis car accident lawyer helps T-bone accident victims collect and assemble all of the evidence that they need to prove fault and establish liability so that they can recover compensation for their damages.
We Fight for Maximum Compensation for Head-On Collision Victims in St. Louis
Hurt in a T-bone collision in St. Louis? You have the right to seek compensation for both tangible losses and intangible losses. That being said, even after very serious crashes, insurance companies fight hard to try to limit payouts. At The Gogel Law Firm, we fight tirelessly to help victims and families secure the maximum financial settlement. Our St. Louis T-bone accident lawyers help our clients seek compensatory damages for:
- Vehicle repairs or vehicle replacement;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other health care costs;
- Lost wages and diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish;
- Permanent disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
How St. Louis Auto Accident Attorney Jeremy A. Gogel Can Help
Injured in a T-bone crash? It is imperative that you know how to protect your rights and interests. As a former insurance company defense lawyer, our founding attorney Jeremy A. Gogel uses his unique knowledge and insight into the process to help victims and families maximize their financial compensation. We are proactive. Along with other things, our St. Louis car accident lawyer will do the following:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer car accident injury questions;
- Thoroughly investigate your T-bone accident, gathering evidence to prove fault;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with defendants/insurers; and
- Invest the time and resources to help you get the best possible outcome.
Contact Our T-Bone Collision Attorney in St. Louis Today
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis T-bone accident lawyers are committed, experienced, and reliable advocates for the people who need legal help the most. Involved in a T-bone collision? You can rely on our legal team. Contact our law firm now for a no-fee, no-strings-attached case review. From our St. Louis office, we handle T-bone accident injury claims throughout Missouri.