Hit and Run Accidents Attorneys in St. Louis, Missouri
Getting involved in a hit-and-run accident can be overwhelming. You find yourself dealing with the physical, emotional, and financial aftermath of an incident where the responsible party fled. It is an infuriating situation, but do not despair. The team of experienced hit-and-run accident attorneys at The Gogel Law Firm is here to fight for your rights and help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Hit and Run Accidents Attorney?
Hiring an experienced hit and run accidents lawyer in St. Louis is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Experience with hit-and-run laws: Hit and run accidents in St. Louis can be complex legal cases that require a deep understanding of Missouri’s laws and regulations. Our attorneys have experience in this area of law and will strategize to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Investigation and evidence gathering: When a hit and run occurs, gathering evidence becomes crucial. Our skilled hit and run accident lawyers in St. Louis work tirelessly to investigate the accident scene and collect any available evidence that can help identify the responsible party. We leave no stone unturned in building a compelling case to support your claim.
- Dealing with insurance companies: Navigating the insurance claims process can be daunting, especially when you are up against a hit and run Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for all damages.
- Pursuing justice and accountability: One of our primary goals is to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. We work relentlessly to identify the driver who fled the scene and bring them to justice. Our hit and run accident attorneys in St. Louis fight for justice, not only for you but for the community as a whole.
What Should You Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
Experiencing a hit-and-run accident can be a traumatic and disorienting event. While it is natural to feel overwhelmed in such situations, it is crucial to remember a few key steps to protect yourself and strengthen your case. Here is what you should do after a hit-and-run accident:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not feel immediate pain or notice any injuries, it is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries may not manifest immediately, and documenting your medical condition is vital for your health and future legal claims.
- Gather information: Attempt to gather as much information as you can about the accident. This includes noting the time, date, and location of the incident. Write down the make, model, and color of the fleeing vehicle, along with any helpful details you remember. Besides, try to obtain contact information from any witnesses who may have seen the accident.
- Document the scene: If it is safe to do so, take pictures or videos of the accident scene. Capture the damage to your vehicle and any other relevant details, such as skid marks, debris, or road conditions. Visual evidence can be invaluable in reconstructing the incident and supporting your claim.
- Consult with a hit and run accident attorney: Seeking legal advice from an experienced hit and run accident attorney in Louis is essential to protect your rights and maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation. They can guide you through the legal complexities, help you understand your options, and advocate on your behalf.
Compensation in a Hit and Run Accident
Being involved in a hit and run accident can leave you not only physically injured but also facing financial burdens. However, despite the challenges of identifying the responsible party, you may still be eligible for compensation. Here is what you need to know about seeking fair recovery in a hit-and-run accident:
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your auto insurance policy, it can provide crucial financial protection in hit-and-run cases. This coverage is designed to compensate you for damages caused by uninsured or unidentified drivers. It can help cover medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other related costs.
- Med-pay or Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Some insurance policies include medical payment coverage or personal injury protection, which can provide immediate reimbursement for medical expenses regardless of fault. These coverages may help you receive necessary medical treatments promptly, reducing your financial burden.
Contact Our St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a hit-and-run accident, do not wait to seek legal representation. Contact us at The Gogel Law Firm today to schedule your free consultation, and let us fight for your rights. We have a dedicated team of car accident attorneys in St. Louis ready to help you get compensation. Together, we can pursue justice and seek the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Resources:
Frequently Asked Questions for Hit & Run Accident Lawyers in St Louis:
No, it is not safe for you to follow the car. It is tempting to try and track down the car that hit you in order to have a stronger case for a personal injury claim, but it is not a good idea. If you are already injured going after them can cause your injuries to be even worse. It may also cause you to be involved in a dangerous driving activity. The car that sped off is driving recklessly and you follow after you are at risk of yourself causing an accident.
While you shouldn’t chase after the car, you can still try to get some information as they speed off. If you can get the other cars color, make, model, and license plate number that will be used in your favor. If you can get a look at the driver that can also be helpful. You should also take photos of your car, where the accident was, and keep record of the date and time the accident took place.
Yes, you should call the police as quickly as possible. You should tell them as much information on the car that hit you and what direction they were headed. This will also help you file a police report.
Yes, after a hit and run you should look around and see if there was anyone nearby that might have seen the accident. You should ask them if you can get a witness testimony and write down what they said. You can also ask them if they are okay with you recording their answer. You will want them to tell you what they saw in terms of how the accident happened as well as much information on the other car as possible. Get their contact information as well in case your attorney needs to speak with them.
It and run accidents are actually quite common. According to AAA Foundation for Traffic and Safety, it is estimated that about every 43 seconds a hit and run accident occurs.
Even if you were not at fault it is likely that your insurance rates will rise a bit in the event of a hit and run accident. It will depend on your car insurance provider, so it is best to check with them and the policy you have. You are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage in Missouri which is used to help cover the costs in a hit and run accident.
There could be a number of reasons as to why people leave after hitting someone. While you may never know why each person does flee the scene, here are some of the most common reasons:
- After hitting your car they panicked and just drove off not thinking about the consequences
- They were under the influence of drugs or alcohol and didn’t want to get caught
- They may have been wanted by law enforcement already
- They may not have car insurance and didn’t want to be fined
According to AAA the person who is responsible for the hit and run accident is found about 49% of the time. The likelihood of finding the responsible party increases to 60% if the crash involved a child and decreases to 39% if the injured party was aged 31-55. The rate stays at about 49% if the victim was elderly.