Have You Been Injured in a Crash with a driver who was speeding in St. Louis, Missouri?
Set Up a Free Consultation With a Speeding Accident Attorney in St. Louis
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis auto accident attorney has the skills, knowledge, and experience to handle speeding accident claims. With dedication to results and high-level client services, our personal injury team has recovered millions in compensation for injured victims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash with a driver who was speeding, we are here to help. Contact our St. Louis law office today to set up a free, no-obligation initial consultation.
Speeding in Dangerous: Know the Risks
All motorists have a core legal responsibility to obey the posted speed limit. Speeding is dangerous—and it is cited as a causal factor in a significant share of catastrophic and deadly car crashes. Indeed, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that speeding is a factor in nearly 30% of fatal motor vehicle collisions nationwide. Here are some of the key reasons why speeding is so dangerous:
- Reduced Reaction Time: As speed increases, the time to respond to unforeseen obstacles or situations decreases.
- An Increased Stopping Distance: At higher speeds, vehicles require a longer distance to come to a complete stop.
- Greater Severity of Crashes: High-speed collisions often result in more severe injuries or fatalities.
- Reduced Effectiveness of Safety Mechanisms: Safety features work less well at higher speeds. Seat belts and airbags may not perform as effectively in high-speed impacts.
- More Potential for Loss of Vehicle Control: Finally, speeding can lead to skidding, hydroplaning, or rollovers, especially in adverse weather conditions.
Understanding Liability for a Speed-Related Crash in Missouri
Missouri is an at-fault auto accident jurisdiction. The driver (or other party) deemed responsible for causing a crash through unsafe conduct can be held legally liable for the resulting damages. In Missouri, the legal doctrine of negligence is key in all car accident claims, including speeding crashes. Speeding is negligence as a matter of law. When a driver exceeds the speed limit or drives too fast for conditions, they can be deemed negligent and, as such, legally liable for a resulting crash.
That being said, not every crash is solely the fault of a single party. Missouri operates under a doctrine of pure comparative fault. Each party to a crash will be held responsible for their proportionate share of the damages. For example, if you were found 30% at fault for your own accident, you would be responsible for 30% of your own damages. Every speed-related crash in the region should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced St. Louis auto accident lawyer.
We Help Speeding Accident Victims in St. Louis Maximize their Compensation
Following a serious crash in St. Louis, it is imperative that injured victims are able to secure the full and proper financial compensation that they need to pay bills and support themselves. Unfortunately, even when liability is clear, insurance companies still try to settle for less. We are committed to helping victims and families secure the maximum compensation. Along with other times of damages, you may be entitled to recover for the following:
- Property damage (vehicle repairs);
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Lost wages and loss of earnings;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability, scarring, or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Why Rely On St. Louis Speeding Accident Attorney Jeremy A. Gogel
Speeding accident injury claims are notoriously complex. If you have a lot of questions about your rights and your options, you are certainly not alone. Our founder Jeremy A. Gogel is a former insurance company defense lawyer. He uses his unique insight to protect the rights and interests of people who need help the most: Victims and their families. We take a proactive approach to each and every case. Among other things, our St. Louis auto accident attorney is prepared to:
- Hear what you have to say, answer questions, and explain your options;
- Investigate the crash—gathering evidence to prove another driver was speeding;
- Handle all correspondence with insurance carriers—including settlement talks; and
- Take aggressive action to protect your rights and help you maximize your recovery.
Get Help From Our Speeding Accident Lawyer in St. Louis
At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis car accident attorney has the professional skills and proven legal expertise to take on all types of speeding crash claims. Your interests should be the top priority. Contact our law firm today to set up your free, no-obligation consultation. From our legal office in St. Louis, we handle speed-related auto accident claims throughout the surrounding area.