Rear-End Collisions Attorneys in St. Louis, Missouri?
When it comes to motor vehicle accidents, rear-end collisions are among the most common occurrences on the roads of St. Louis. However, do not let their frequency fool you into thinking they are just minor fender benders. This type of accident can lead to serious injuries, property damage, and significant emotional distress.
At The Gogel Law Firm, we understand the impact a rear-end collision can have on your life. Our experienced team of rear-end collision lawyers in St. Louis is dedicated to helping you navigate the legal complexities. We fight for the compensation you deserve and ensure your rights are protected.
How The Gogel Law Firm Can Help You
Seeking legal representation is vital when dealing with rear-end collisions in St. Louis. At The Gogel Law Firm, we know what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. Here is how we can help you:
- Thorough investigation: Our skilled rear-end collision attorneys in St. Louis will conduct a detailed investigation of your rear-end collision and point out the facts. We help gather evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, and any available video footage. Our team leaves no stone unturned in building a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be overwhelming, especially when you are trying to recover from your injuries. Our legal team will handle all communication with insurers, advocating for your rights and fighting for fair compensation.
- Determining liability: Establishing liability is crucial in a rear-end collision case. Our rear-end collision attorneys in Louisiana have the experience to analyze the circumstances surrounding your accident and determine who should be held responsible. Whether it is the distracted driver, a commercial entity, or a negligent road authority, we will pursue the appropriate party.
- Maximizing compensation: We understand the financial and emotional toll a rear-end collision can take on your life. A dedicated rear-end collision attorney in St. Louis will seek maximum compensation for medical expenses and all other damages you have incurred.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Here are some of the common causes of rear-end collisions in St. Louis.
In today’s digital age, rear-end collisions due to distracted driving are common. Whether it is texting, talking on the phone, or browsing social media, taking your eyes off the road for even a split second can have devastating consequences.
Following too closely behind another vehicle not only violates traffic laws but also significantly increases the risk of a rear-end collision. It leaves little time for the following driver to react in case of sudden braking or an unexpected obstacle.
Excessive speeding reduces a driver’s ability to stop in time and react to sudden changes in traffic flow. When a speeding driver fails to stop in time, a rear-end collision becomes more likely.
Rain, snow, ice, and fog can create slippery road conditions, hence reducing traction and increasing the likelihood of rear-end collisions. Poor visibility makes it difficult for drivers to anticipate and respond to sudden stops.
Common Injuries Resulting From Rear-End Collisions
- Whiplash: This is one of the most common injuries in rear-end collisions. It occurs when the neck and head are forcefully jerked backward and forward, causing strain on the muscles and ligaments. Symptoms may include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and even cognitive difficulties.
- Back and spinal injuries: The forceful impact of a rear-end accident can lead to back and spinal injuries. This includes herniated discs, fractures, or even paralysis. In most cases, these injuries require extensive medical treatment and lengthy rehabilitation.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): The sudden jolt of a rear-end collision can cause the brain to strike the inside of the skull, resulting in a traumatic brain injury. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe cognitive impairments. They commonly affect memory, coordination, and overall brain function.
Statute of Limitations for Rear-End Collision Claims in Missouri
In Missouri, there is a statute of limitations that sets a deadline for filing personal injury claims. It is important to be aware of this timeframe as it varies depending on the type of case and the extent of the injuries. Failing to file within the specified time limit may result in the loss of your right to seek compensation. Consulting with a rear-end collision lawyer in St. Louis promptly will ensure your claim is filed in a timely manner.
Contact Our St Louis Rear-end Collision Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rear-end collision in St. Louis, Missouri, do not hesitate to reach out to The Gogel Law Firm. Our dedicated team of car accident attorneys in St. Louis is ready to provide you with personalized attention, guiding you through the legal process and fighting for your rights. Schedule your free consultation today to discuss the details of your case.
Car Accident Resources:
Frequently Asked Questions for a St Louis Rear-end Collision Lawyer:
Rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident in Missouri. Across the United States rear-end collisions account for around 29% of all car accidents.
It is assumed that the car behind the car they hit is at fault for the accident. The only way to remove this assumed liability is to prove that the other car was negligent and caused the accident, or there was no way for the behind car to avoid the accident.
In most cases the statute of limitations is 5 years. You have 5 years form the date of the accident to file a claim. If you lost your loved one to a rear-end collision, the timeframe shortens to 3 years since it becomes a wrongful death claim.
The best way to avoid a rear-end collision is to keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. Even if you are being a safe driver this also helps lessen the chance of you hitting the car in front of you if you are rear-ended. Practicing safe driving is the best way for you to avoid being the reason a rear-end accident occurs.
Yes, if you were involved in an accident and the damages exceed $500, if there was an uninsured motorist, or if there was anyone injured you must report the accident. It is also in your best interest to file a report as it can be used as evidence in your case.
If you were involved in a rear-end collision you should move your car out of the way if you are able to, but do not leave the scene of the accident. You should assess your injuries and determine in you or the other party needs immediate medical care. You will also want to exchange contact information and insurance information with the other party in the accident. It is also important to contact the police. After everything is settled at the scene of the accident you should seek medical attention and contact a St. Louis rear-end collision attorney.
The most common places for a rear-end collision are at red lights, stop signs, and in heavy traffic on the highways. More often than not these types of accidents happen when the vehicles are moving at a slow pace.
It can still be considered a rear-end accident if more cars are involved and you would want to seek guidance from a rear-end collision lawyer in St. Louis. These types of accidents when more than two cars are involved are also referred to as a pile-up or a chain reaction accident.
There are multiple factors that are involved to determine how much your case is worth. These factors include: how injured you are, the cost of your medical bill, the amount of property damage, if you were out of work due to the injuries, and if you need future medical bills. You can get a more accurate estimate by setting up an initial consultation with The Gogel Law Firm and you can tell us the nature of your case.
As a passenger you are still able to ask for compensation to pay for your injuries. It is your right as the injured party to seek compensation. You should file a police report and contact an attorney.