At the Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis car accident attorney knows that our Missouri residents are often met with resistance from the liable party’s insurance company after a traffic accident with injuries occurs.
When accident victims work directly with insurance companies, they quickly learn that the representatives are not putting their best interests first.
That fact often becomes obvious when the insurance company denies the claim or offers a low settlement immediately after the crash.
If you find yourself in a situation where the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate and offer fair compensation for your injuries, you need an attorney.
Important Questions to Ask the Liable Driver’s Insurance Company
When a car accident with injuries occurs on our Missouri roadways, the injured party typically has no reason to believe that the insurance company is going to offer a low-ball settlement for their claim.
The reality is, the insurance company will do everything it can to mitigate its losses.
That means paying as little as possible — even when you are severely injured.
If you approach the insurance company on your own, you will need to know:
- Are they providing adequate coverage to repair or replace your vehicle?
- Are all your current and future medical expenses calculated in their settlement offer?
- Will they pay for the time you missed from work?
- What value is the insurance company placing on the emotional distress you suffered from the crash and resulting injuries?
It is important to understand that until you complete the medical treatment plan, and reach maximum medical improvement, you are in no position to fully outline your total expenses.
The insurance company will try to settle quickly to control their costs. That will not help you get your life back.
Why You Need to Talk to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in St. Louis, Missouri
At the Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis personal injury attorney will objectively review the details of your case, and ensure your rights are protected from the start of your claim.
- Providing a free consultation to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the crash, and how your injuries have impacted your daily activities and overall quality of life.
- Offering an unbiased opinion about the strength of your claim while providing the legal guidance you need to make informed decisions about the direction of your case.
- Calculating your overall financial compensation needs once you have reached maximum medical recovery.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to reach the best financial recovery outcome for your unique case.
While it is possible to manage a personal injury claim on your own, it is difficult to understand what the future will bring. You do not want to discover that you still need medical help, but that the insurance company will not cover the additional expenses because you settled your case too soon.
At the Gogel Law Firm, our dedicated car accident attorney in St. Louis believes no one should feel pressured by the insurance company to accept a settlement that does not meet their overall recovery needs.
We can help you focus on your medical treatment plan while we manage the details of your case.
Contact Our Skilled Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Louis, Missouri Today
If you or someone you love has been injured by a negligent driver in Missouri, contact our dedicated personal injury attorney in St. Louis at the Gogel Law Firm today and allow us to review your case by calling (314) 370-8173 or contacting us online to schedule a free consultation.