At The Gogel Law Firm, our St. Louis car accident attorneys know that most drivers believe if they are hurt by a negligent driver in Missouri — like someone running a red light, or another who is intoxicated — they will have no trouble recovering the damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage.
Unfortunately, that is simply not true. Insurance companies are not going to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses by default. The insurance representative is going to make you prove their policyholder was at fault for the crash, and that will take more than accusing the other driver of being impaired.
In addition, facing the insurance company alone can lead to significant delays in reaching a settlement, only to be met by a significantly lower amount than their injuries and circumstances deserve. We can help produce a better result.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney After Being Hurt in a DUI Accident in Missouri?
To meet the legal threshold to hold a drunk driver liable for a crash requires proving he or she owed the injury victim a duty of care to operate their vehicle safely, then violated that duty causing injuries and damages.
Our personal injury attorney in St. Louis can help build your case for success by:
- Compiling all the necessary evidence to pursue the drunk driver’s insurance company.
- Accurately calculating damages, even for non-economic damages.
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, so you can focus on your recovery instead of fighting with an insurance representative.
- Working on a contingency basis, so there are no upfront or out of pocket expenses until we reach a settlement or court-ordered award.
- Taking your case to trial and represent you in court if your settlement negotiations fail.
To have the best chance of getting a favorable outcome for your drunk driving accident and injury case, contact our St. Louis personal injury attorney today to review your case by calling (314) 775-3864 or online to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the best outcome for your unique case.