Physician malpractice and hospital negligence are related acts that affect millions of patients every year. Our Medical Malpractice Attorney in St. Louis handles cases throughout Missouri and Illinois involving these issues.
Physician malpractice can take many forms and occur under many different circumstances. Common forms of malpractice include:
- anesthesia errors,
- failure to consult with a specialist,
- misdiagnoses of or failure to diagnose a condition,
- prescription errors,
- procedures done unnecessarily, incorrectly, or without patient consent, and
- birth injuries (e.g., cerebral palsy).
Hospitals bear the responsibility of hiring and overseeing qualified medical professionals who will care for patients according to acceptable standards of care. When a doctor, nurse, technician, or other hospital staff member fails to exercise the care necessary to avoid needless patient injury, the hospital may be liable for negligence, too. In Missouri, whether a doctor is an employee of a hospital is a question of fact that may need to be decided by a jury.
Common hospital mistakes include:
- failure to monitor a patient, failure to order proper diagnostic tests,
- failure to stabilize a patient,
- failure to sufficiently staff the hospital,
- improper use of medical device equipment,
- laboratory delays in processing specimens or loss of specimens,
- poorly equipped facilities, and
- preventable infections or contaminations.
When you or a loved on is injured by medical negligence, the effects can alter your life and the lives of your family. If you’ve been badly injured, your life will never be the same again. Our St. Louis Medical Malpractice Attorney understands. We can help you protect your rights and get what you deserve so you can rebuild your life and move forward. If you think you or a loved one may have a medical negligence case, please contact our St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyer at 314-775-3864 as soon as possible. You only have a limited amount of time to pursue a case.